- We are proud of our collaborative counselling practice. Collectively, we have expertise in many therapeutic approaches that you might have heard of, including Narrative Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Mindfulness practices, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, and Family Systems therapy.
- What do you need to know about the therapeutic approach used at William Cooke & Associates, and what can you expect when you come to see us?
1. We work to create a healing forum that is safe and productive. We will treat you with the same respect and courtesy that we expect to receive when we are seeking professional help. We will respect your time and your privacy. We will will listen with care and consult without judgement or 'agendas' for your life.
3. You are not your problem: We avoid referring to a person as a problem, such as "He is depressed." Rather, we believe that our problems can be separated from us, and we will work with you to see problems for what they are, and how they are influencing your life. "When did depression first come into your life?"
4. We are expert in process. Once we are able to see clearly the difference between person and problem and understand how and why a person or a couple desires to live and relate differently, we provide 'maps' for healing and new skills for living and relating. We support you in making desired changes.